THE RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE RPG

Based on the books by James Patterson.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW UPDATES, URGENT NEWS, IMPORTANT MESSAGES!!!
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:00 am by Jason-admin

» Maintenance
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:26 am by coolmega22

» Back to Life
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 pm by coolmega22

» It's not happening...
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm by Jason-admin

» Money For 13 year olds.
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am by Extractum11

» Picture Problems
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am by Jason-admin

» the riders
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:31 pm by Jason-admin

» Suggestions for the Site
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 pm by Jamie_Wilson

» The Writer's Section (Just a question not complaning for once)
Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:55 pm by Jason-admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Suggestions for the Site

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Icethornstar
Admin
Icethornstar

Suggestions for the Site Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey, so since we have SOME members, at least, I think it would be good if you guys could maybe give suggestions to make the site better? This is completely optional and just if you had an idea, and was to lazy to explain it in a PM to the mods. Very Happy

~Ice
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Random (also called spam) corner.
XD
Back to top Go down
Icethornstar
Admin
Icethornstar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:00 am

Well, not a spam corner but a chat corner's good, I'll ask the other mods. Smile

~Ice
Back to top Go down
folkloricjungle
Admin
folkloricjungle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 am

I've created a "Off topic Thread" in the Flocktalk area.
Back to top Go down
http://paintballonthego.blogspot.com/
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Why are there areas of the site exclusive to administrators?
I don't think this is fair.
Back to top Go down
Icethornstar
Admin
Icethornstar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Hmm, this I do not know.

But it's not like we're actually using it Dx
You have to ask Jason the use~

~Ice
((*pokes whiteboard*))
Back to top Go down
Jason-admin
Admin
Jason-admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Like what parts? Admin Only portion is for the admins to discuss stuff... everything else is open to all... i think...
Back to top Go down
https://maxrideultra.rpg-board.net
folkloricjungle
Admin
folkloricjungle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Gamble: The idea of the Admin only Area on this site is for admins to discuss new ideas and suggestions for the site, or any other problems that might come up. For example, if we are talking about banning a user, we wouldn't want that discussion to be open to everyone. Also, it is completely fair that only the admins can access it because being an admin is a privilege, not a right. However, with that privilege comes added responsibility, thus the admin areas. Whether or not you are ready to be an admin is our decision.
Back to top Go down
Gamble

Gamble

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:10 pm

folkloricjungle wrote:
Gamble: The idea of the Admin only Area on this site is for admins to discuss new ideas and suggestions for the site, or any other problems that might come up. For example, if we are talking about banning a user, we wouldn't want that discussion to be open to everyone. Also, it is completely fair that only the admins can access it because being an admin is a privilege, not a right. However, with that privilege comes added responsibility, thus the admin areas. Whether or not you are ready to be an admin is our decision.

Folk:Well what if the admins were debating about whether or not to punish a user, and there was no one to defend the user? I mean, what if all of the admins were against him/her? If you were going to talk about banning someone, wouldn't that be better off in the PMs? That way, if you were speaking about why they should possibly get banned, they couldn't see it and stop the behavior? However, if it is one personal admin's ability to administrate over a specific area, wouldn't that make the discussion about banning a little less drawn out? My personal belief (not saying it about any of the 4 admins) is that making some areas unusable to non-admins is a holier-than-thou complex. On to your reply, 4 admins for 23 people is a little biting off more than you can chew, even if all 23 aren't as active. It makes it easier personally for the Admins to do their jobs, and if you do groups, or partners, it's not just a co-operative effort, it's mind at ease when not one admin can be on, that another will take responsibility for that specific forum.
Back to top Go down
folkloricjungle
Admin
folkloricjungle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 pm

First off, there is no defending the users. No admin will ban/punish a used for an unfair reason. Our policy is warning, 1 week suspension, then permanent ban. The only way to get banned is if you break the rules or are disrespectful to the admins. Also, 4 admins is plenty. Our goal is to keep the rules in check, not have a police force looking over your every move. Finally, admins are in no way holier than anyone, but we do have additional powers and responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Icethornstar
Admin
Icethornstar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:22 pm

*Pokes system* Maybe I should get rid of this?
After all, that's way too complecated. I'll just keep track of warnings. Dx
Or should you do that, Aaron?
Back to top Go down
folkloricjungle
Admin
folkloricjungle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Sure. I'll keep track of the warnings. just pm me of them.
Back to top Go down
Jason-admin
Admin
Jason-admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:58 pm

good explanation aaron. we arent gonna ban sm1 unless they know b4 hand and then they can respond and stuff
Back to top Go down
https://maxrideultra.rpg-board.net
Jamie_Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 pm

we should make a new flock RP. I would, but I would probably mess up and you probably don't want to listen to my many reasons as to why I hate the old RP's
Back to top Go down
Icethornstar
Admin
Icethornstar

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm

You...can just go ahead and make a new one? You can start your own flock, and ask people to join.
Back to top Go down
Jamie_Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 pm

I'll try but the last one didn't go so well... ok, umm Join! (that wasn't much of a question lol! )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for the Site   Suggestions for the Site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for the Site
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE RPG :: General :: Help-
Jump to: